Lazada Philippines - Defective item but Lazada did not accept request for replacement/refund!
I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first and the sports camera on another day, around January 23. Since the items were not mine, I didn't check and test the unit (I just opened the box to check if the unit was there together with the charger and accompanying accessories). The person who owned the camera arrived 1st week of February. Upon checking the item, he noticed that the slot for the charger cord was defective (there was a part that was missing or might have fallen off). When the camera was shook, there was a noise inside, as if something fell off inside (this might be the missing part from the charger slot). In short, the camera couldn't be charged because of the defective charger slot. I reported this concern February 11 (ticket # is 1352564) and was instructed to return the item to Lazada. We sent out the camera for return via LBC February 18. I demanded that the item be replaced because it was defective. From the time the defective camera was sent back until February 27 I was following up status/feedback for the item, but they said that it wasn't yet with them. March 5 I got a reply with them saying "We truly apologize for the delays and inconvenience we have caused you. We coordinated this matter with our Returns team and they advise us that the item was delivered last January 23, 2015 and was returned last February 16, 2015. Since our return policy for item sold by third party merchant is only within 7 days, we regret to inform you that this is no longer eligible for replacement. On the other hand, may we ask if what is the defect in the item?". I was so pissed of already because they had no idea what the defect was but already decided that it could not be returned! I bet they just checked the date on when the item was purchased and since it was past 7 days already, they decided it couldn't be returned. They didn't even check the reason why it was returned.
After again demanding for a replacement, I got a reply March 9 with Lazada saying "I have received updates that your returned item has been received by the merchant, and will undergo evaluation that will take 1-2 business days. After that, the item will be subject for refund or re-delivery. Kindly allow us an ample time to process this for you." After this reply from them, I just didn't want to waste my time to email them again. Their customer service is just ***! It's as if you are speaking to robots who keep saying the same things over and over again without understanding or analyzing the situation.
Just today, March 25, I received the defective item. Now I want to file a DTI complaint. I also want to shout out to Lazada and ask if all the items they sell are all disposable???? Retail stores have return/exchange policies, especially if items are defective or was because of poor quality. I am now posting my experience because I want people to be warned and I want Lazada to take action. I am now demanding a refund and not anymore a replacement because they aren't worth any centavo!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Unfair business practices
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- Sports Camera
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I ordered 2 items po sa lazada and they told me it will arrived from 5 to 7 days so i prepared the money for two items and left the..."
- "I will cancel my order because i dont have some money to pay my order and i have also some problem about my family. i cant pay the order now..."
- "I bought a mechanical mod e-cigarette from Lazada last January 15 and it came without a charger and an atomizer mouthpiece. I only received the mod with a used rda..."
- "Hello!i would like to know only why i cannot log in to my account in Mingle2 that i didn't know what happened to it.I did not do anything bad or..."
- "Last July 24, I chanced upon Florence Shovel ads on Facebook and decided to buy the partner bangles for me and my mother. I also put in another bangle..."
- "I'm so disappointed and pissed off! may shipment para sa akin intended to be delivered after Christmas as per advised by the shipper, valuable cargo pa naman, I am expecting..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "I purchased Conspiration Pilote Canvas sunglasses from Louis Vuitton store. After carefully wearing little more than 100 times center bar canvas leather broke and fell out. Went to..."