Lazada Philippines - Defective item but Lazada did not accept request for replacement/refund!

738 of 1161 Lazada Philippines reviews

I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first and the sports camera on another day, around January 23. Since the items were not mine, I didn't check and test the unit (I just opened the box to check if the unit was there together with the charger and accompanying accessories). The person who owned the camera arrived 1st week of February. Upon checking the item, he noticed that the slot for the charger cord was defective (there was a part that was missing or might have fallen off). When the camera was shook, there was a noise inside, as if something fell off inside (this might be the missing part from the charger slot). In short, the camera couldn't be charged because of the defective charger slot. I reported this concern February 11 (ticket # is 1352564) and was instructed to return the item to Lazada. We sent out the camera for return via LBC February 18. I demanded that the item be replaced because it was defective. From the time the defective camera was sent back until February 27 I was following up status/feedback for the item, but they said that it wasn't yet with them. March 5 I got a reply with them saying "We truly apologize for the delays and inconvenience we have caused you. We coordinated this matter with our Returns team and they advise us that the item was delivered last January 23, 2015 and was returned last February 16, 2015. Since our return policy for item sold by third party merchant is only within 7 days, we regret to inform you that this is no longer eligible for replacement. On the other hand, may we ask if what is the defect in the item?". I was so pissed of already because they had no idea what the defect was but already decided that it could not be returned! I bet they just checked the date on when the item was purchased and since it was past 7 days already, they decided it couldn't be returned. They didn't even check the reason why it was returned.

After again demanding for a replacement, I got a reply March 9 with Lazada saying "I have received updates that your returned item has been received by the merchant, and will undergo evaluation that will take 1-2 business days. After that, the item will be subject for refund or re-delivery. Kindly allow us an ample time to process this for you." After this reply from them, I just didn't want to waste my time to email them again. Their customer service is just ***! It's as if you are speaking to robots who keep saying the same things over and over again without understanding or analyzing the situation.

Just today, March 25, I received the defective item. Now I want to file a DTI complaint. I also want to shout out to Lazada and ask if all the items they sell are all disposable???? Retail stores have return/exchange policies, especially if items are defective or was because of poor quality. I am now posting my experience because I want people to be warned and I want Lazada to take action. I am now demanding a refund and not anymore a replacement because they aren't worth any centavo!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sports Camera
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #612963 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazada Philippines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
738 of 1161 Lazada Philippines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 11, 2015 #970911 Makati, Manila, Philippines

Lazada would not reply to this feedback as they dont know what to say. They refuse to state or admit that there is a miss on their end. They just apologise and apologise. And when you ask for feedback, they will just keep on apologising instead of giving the feedback. Crappy customer service. The imbecile one behind this cs reps should do better.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazada Philippines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lazada Philippines.
Filing a new complaint about
×