Lazada Philippines - Defective item but Lazada did not accept request for replacement/refund!
I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first and the sports camera on another day, around January 23. Since the items were not mine, I didn't check and test the unit (I just opened the box to check if the unit was there together with the charger and accompanying accessories). The person who owned the camera arrived 1st week of February. Upon checking the item, he noticed that the slot for the charger cord was defective (there was a part that was missing or might have fallen off). When the camera was shook, there was a noise inside, as if something fell off inside (this might be the missing part from the charger slot). In short, the camera couldn't be charged because of the defective charger slot. I reported this concern February 11 (ticket # is 1352564) and was instructed to return the item to Lazada. We sent out the camera for return via LBC February 18. I demanded that the item be replaced because it was defective. From the time the defective camera was sent back until February 27 I was following up status/feedback for the item, but they said that it wasn't yet with them. March 5 I got a reply with them saying "We truly apologize for the delays and inconvenience we have caused you. We coordinated this matter with our Returns team and they advise us that the item was delivered last January 23, 2015 and was returned last February 16, 2015. Since our return policy for item sold by third party merchant is only within 7 days, we regret to inform you that this is no longer eligible for replacement. On the other hand, may we ask if what is the defect in the item?". I was so pissed of already because they had no idea what the defect was but already decided that it could not be returned! I bet they just checked the date on when the item was purchased and since it was past 7 days already, they decided it couldn't be returned. They didn't even check the reason why it was returned.
After again demanding for a replacement, I got a reply March 9 with Lazada saying "I have received updates that your returned item has been received by the merchant, and will undergo evaluation that will take 1-2 business days. After that, the item will be subject for refund or re-delivery. Kindly allow us an ample time to process this for you." After this reply from them, I just didn't want to waste my time to email them again. Their customer service is just ***! It's as if you are speaking to robots who keep saying the same things over and over again without understanding or analyzing the situation.
Just today, March 25, I received the defective item. Now I want to file a DTI complaint. I also want to shout out to Lazada and ask if all the items they sell are all disposable???? Retail stores have return/exchange policies, especially if items are defective or was because of poor quality. I am now posting my experience because I want people to be warned and I want Lazada to take action. I am now demanding a refund and not anymore a replacement because they aren't worth any centavo!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Unfair business practices
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- Sports Camera
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a fridge early december as the delivery time would be before christmas (between 20-23) in the province, but as expected it didnt arrive, only after days of chasing..."
- "This is the second time i order from lazada. The first one went fine and gave me good impression. The second order i made was for a phone an two..."
- "Sana naman mabigay nyo na item ko kasi almost 2 weeks na ako naghihinatay. Sabi nyo pa sa delivery process nyo na September 22 - 24 darating na item ko..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "My ZeroWater gasket, in the spigot of the 23 cup unit, has seemed to catch itself up within the unit. Now, my water trickles out instead of coming out with..."
- "I'm so disappointed and pissed off! may shipment para sa akin intended to be delivered after Christmas as per advised by the shipper, valuable cargo pa naman, I am expecting..."
- "Pinadala po last 27 august ... bali 1 day delivery po yan sir/mam pero september 3 na po hindi pa po dumadating .. please naman pakicheck po 80016031799..."
- "Im so pissed off looking for cancel button. I cant find it! It's not there! It's so hard to contact you guys! I accidentally made a multiple orders for a..."