Lazada Philippines - Defective item but Lazada did not accept request for replacement/refund!
I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first and the sports camera on another day, around January 23. Since the items were not mine, I didn't check and test the unit (I just opened the box to check if the unit was there together with the charger and accompanying accessories). The person who owned the camera arrived 1st week of February. Upon checking the item, he noticed that the slot for the charger cord was defective (there was a part that was missing or might have fallen off). When the camera was shook, there was a noise inside, as if something fell off inside (this might be the missing part from the charger slot). In short, the camera couldn't be charged because of the defective charger slot. I reported this concern February 11 (ticket # is 1352564) and was instructed to return the item to Lazada. We sent out the camera for return via LBC February 18. I demanded that the item be replaced because it was defective. From the time the defective camera was sent back until February 27 I was following up status/feedback for the item, but they said that it wasn't yet with them. March 5 I got a reply with them saying "We truly apologize for the delays and inconvenience we have caused you. We coordinated this matter with our Returns team and they advise us that the item was delivered last January 23, 2015 and was returned last February 16, 2015. Since our return policy for item sold by third party merchant is only within 7 days, we regret to inform you that this is no longer eligible for replacement. On the other hand, may we ask if what is the defect in the item?". I was so pissed of already because they had no idea what the defect was but already decided that it could not be returned! I bet they just checked the date on when the item was purchased and since it was past 7 days already, they decided it couldn't be returned. They didn't even check the reason why it was returned.
After again demanding for a replacement, I got a reply March 9 with Lazada saying "I have received updates that your returned item has been received by the merchant, and will undergo evaluation that will take 1-2 business days. After that, the item will be subject for refund or re-delivery. Kindly allow us an ample time to process this for you." After this reply from them, I just didn't want to waste my time to email them again. Their customer service is just ***! It's as if you are speaking to robots who keep saying the same things over and over again without understanding or analyzing the situation.
Just today, March 25, I received the defective item. Now I want to file a DTI complaint. I also want to shout out to Lazada and ask if all the items they sell are all disposable???? Retail stores have return/exchange policies, especially if items are defective or was because of poor quality. I am now posting my experience because I want people to be warned and I want Lazada to take action. I am now demanding a refund and not anymore a replacement because they aren't worth any centavo!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Unfair business practices
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- Sports Camera
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "LAZADA RETURN POLICY SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! I have placed an order thru lazada on feb 10. They have sent confirmation on the same day. I find it funny that they were..."
- "Ya in cash delivery no problem,bought a lot of stuff and have been a costumer long time..It my first time to have a returned item and requested for a change..."
- "Nag order ako ng 2 asus zen 5 Last Jan. 31 2015 pa until now feb.07 2015 na wala rin ilang besses na akung tumawag regarding my order pilit na..."
- "This is the second time i received this kindly explain to me why this is like this. For me is useless..."
- "Yesterday at around 2:30 pm i visited the LBC aparri branch to claim the watch my cousin sent me from Manila,however the two ladies who are on duty said that..."
- "Last July 24, I chanced upon Florence Shovel ads on Facebook and decided to buy the partner bangles for me and my mother. I also put in another bangle..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."