Lazada Philippines is financially broke - They laid off 40% of their workforce last August 31, and are planning to retrench more people. Lazada will close down anytime soon.

The deceive you with percentage after percentage of discounts but actually, their price is the just the same as those in the shopping malls. Their products are very much limited and the descriptions can better be written by grade school drop outs. Their payment options suck! Their customer service are clueless to what they are selling on the website.

Netizens beware! Consider your hard earned money lost should Lazada close down anytime!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lazada Philippines Website.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 08, 2012.

Comments

It is almost 1 1/2 months but until now I never get the refund.How long it will take for me to wait? If you deliver I immediately pay the full amount.As of 2016 I already ordered almost P25k.But with the little amount of refund you cannot send it?.Then you will just email me and informed me that I already claimed the refund????? THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF LAZADA..

As for June 24, 2015 Lazada is still running.

LazadaPH

Hi,

We are from Lazada Philippines and I am sorry to hear about your concern. We would be happy to help if you can provide us your Order Number or Ticket Number. You can also call us at our hotline at 02 -795 8900 or send us information on your concern via our contact us page at: http://www.lazada.com.ph/contact/

Thank you.

"All I can say is this: Lazada is a start-up. It has issues and will have problems. As a consumer, before entering into a transaction, it is important that we know that. Make a rational and weighted decision and do not be swayed merely by the bad press the company has received."

- That's a very lousy excuse. The fact is, Lazada has been operating in three or four other Asian countries before they even entered the Philippines - that should have given them a heads up on the forthcoming issues once their business has commenced. And there will never be an excuse for bad customer service.

People are not swayed by bad press - people who have bought from you and experience an ordeal are the ones giving bad press - so think about that! As they say, when there's smoke, there's fire! Address internal issues and all these bad press will go away!

Lazada is obviously poorly managed and the support is just ridiculous!

Hi. The fact that you are using the name of a Lazada Philippines co-founder makes this claim dubious and strange.

In any case, from what I understand (and I know more about it than whoever posted this), Lazada Philippines is not financially broke or is in financial distress. They laid off people not because they did not have the budget but because their "investors" deemed it necessary that they cut costs now. In fact, if you take a look at a new press release, JP Morgan just invested $100 million into the Lazada venture.

Now, as for the "deception". I do not think they are. Take the discounts as they are. Discounts are discounts. Against what (SRP or price you can find at a tiangee), it's up to the consumer to decide. Note that Lazada posts discounts against Suggested Retail Price of items and not Average Market Price.

As for product selection being limited, good point. However, as a start-up, I think that they cannot be faulted if they do not have everything. Moreover, if suppliers do not wish to supply them with stocks because a big company tells them to (you know who you are) then it is impossible to get a side range.

My suggestion. Try it out. By something worth 200 pesos or less. See if the complaints are true. If yes, then never patronize them again. If no, then you've just found a shopping alternative. All for the price of a Starbucks Frap.