Hi guys.Just to share. If Lazada's customer service cannot address or are just sitting on you complaints, then I suggest you should file a formal complaint with DTI. It seems that DTI will only act if a formal complaint has been submitted to them. DTI will quickly respond to your complaint. In my case, they scheduled a mediation two days after filing my complaint (check my other review if you want to know the nature of my complaint) .

To my surprise, two days after DTI issued notice of mediation, Lazada processed my refund in full. I checked the notice of mediation and the notice has been addressed to the higher ups of lazada, I guess that's the reason they quickly acted.

If you want to take similar path as mine, here are few things to guide you:

1. The basis of DTI is a fully accomplished complaint form. You can just search the form using google or follow what I did. Look for the DTI Philippines messenger account and request for the form.The messenger account is responsive, they responded 30 mins after I messaged the account.

2. Accomplish the form. This is the hardest part. DTI is not a court and they will act only if your complaint is related to violation of trade laws because their mandate is the enforcement of trade laws. The part of the complaints are as follows:

A. The personal circumstance of the complainant (you) and the person being complained (lazada and/or the merchant). In my case I included the merchant because I already paid the item.

B. Cause of action or the nature of your complaint. This refers to what trade law is violated. There is already a checklist of laws in the form, just check on the left side which specific one and what particular provision of the law. If unsure, just check the first one (violation of consumer act of the Phil), this one is usually the one being violated. Likewise, you can just narrate what happened on the narration part.

C. List down the proof or evidence you have. In my case, I screenshot or in pdf form proof that 1. The transaction has been processed 2. That it has been paid 3. The status of the order 4. Conversation with lazada, merchant or courier. I renamed the evidence as Annex 1_Transaction processed,annex 2 payment and so forth. In the narration part include citation [e. g. I already paid the item (refer to Annex ___)].

D. Relief or prayer. This is the most important part. This is the remedy you want to pursue. It can be refund, immediate delivery of the item, replacement or others. In my case, I requested for actual damages for expenses that will be incurred in connection with the suit, exemplary damage to make an example of lazada, warning/suspension/cancellation of registration of lazada if warranted and a general prayer for such other remedies and relief as may be deemed just and necessary under the premises.

E. Sign the complaint. In my case, I edited the complaint using microsoft word, printed it and signed it. You can just print the proforma form, fill out the details and sign it. Either will do.

F. Verification and certification part. This part is a certication or an oath that you are the complainant, that you understood the contents of your complaint and that you did not file any similar complaint with other agencies. Sign this part. Your signature is necessary.

3. If the form is duly accomplished. Send the form with the ATTACHMENTS (proofs) to consumercare@dti.gov.ph, they will indorse your complaint to the necessary division of the DTI. Or you can send it directly with dti-fteb if you know that it is the proper division for you, ftebmediation@dti.gov.ph.

Note:If you are from a province like me, request later that your complaint be indorsed to the dti nearest you. But I suggest you file first with email ad I mentioned and wait for notice of mediation before requesting for indorsement. In my case dti-fteb division is the one who has directoryof the higher ups of lazada. This directory may or may not be available if you file directly with the dti in your province.

I hope this would help. Lastly, what I mentioned above is just a guide. It is based on what I dit and it may or may not help you all. Thanks.

Comments

hello what if the parcel was delivered but there is no item inside? thank you

If you just post your concerns here without informing the proper authorities (through formal complaints),then they will have no basis to take action against Lazada. The Government also requires evidence to go against these companies.

LazadaPH

Hi Sir/Ma'am, we understand your disappointments and we appreciate that you reached out to us. For us to settle this matter the soonest, may we ask for your order number?