Lazada Philippines – Elements of Deceit ? I have not heard back from Lazada after their initial contact and I thought about updating my earlier review.

Rather, I opted to open another instead. This is because the nature of my second review may differ from the first, after reading number of reviews from others that have also been shortchanged by Lazada. Let me first recount the facts of this review and my thoughts on them as it transpired: 1. December 27, 2016.

Ordered online Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump at P2,635.00 under order number 371368619. I made the order internationally, in Riyadh KSA, where I currently work. 2. December 27, 2016.

Order confirmation email was received shortly after the online order was placed. Lazada advised Standard Delivery from 28/12/2016 – 03/01/2017. 3. December 30, 2016.

Received email advise from Lazada informing us that order number 371368619 was being shipped. 4. January 2, 2017, 11:38 am (Riyadh local time). Received email advise from Lazada informing us that order number 371368619 was being delivered by LEX (Lazada Express).

Also received SMS message from Lazada informing of the same. My wife called Lazada Express. She was advised that the delivery man could not find the address and that the item will be delivered instead the following day, 3 January 2017. 5.

January 2, 2017, 11:41 am (Riyadh local time). Received email advise from Lazada informing us that order number 371368619 was not delivered. Notice the succession of email within a period of 3 minutes, from informing us the delivery and the non-delivery of the item, how was that possible. Also, in this email Lazada advised, and I quote “Please note that Lazada Express will attempt delivery 3 times within a 5 day period before considering your order as canceled.” This succeeding delivery attempts did not happen at all.

They even resorted to lies when they mentioned in the email that we postponed the delivery of the item when we did not. My wife has been waiting at home for the delivery of the item the whole time. 6. January 3, 2017.

Instead of delivering the item as advised by Lazada Express, we received email advised from Lazada informing us, and I quote “We regret to inform you that we will be canceling your order ON: 371368619 Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump because it is already beyond our holding period of 5 days from the date of our first delivery attempt. Just 24 hours after the first delivery attempt, we were advised that our item was being canceled because it was already beyond the holding period of 5 days. Lazada did not even attempt to deliver the item the second or third time within the period of 5 days as they advised. 7.

January 4, 2017. My wife phoned Lazada Customer Service to complain about our item that was supposed to be delivered on the previous days. She was advised that we will be updated on email the status of the order. On the same day, we received status update through email that our item is still for dispatch and delivery.

How could that be when in fact on January 3, 2017 we already received email from Lazada that our item was being canceled. 8. January 5, 2017. We received email advised from Lazada informing us that the item is already for cancellation and refund process will commence shortly.

9. January 7, 2017. We received email advised from Lazada informing us that refund is being initiated. Further advising us that refund could take up to 45 days to be credited back to your international credit card.

This is simply outrageous. Amazon and other online shops immediately reverse the charges once the order has been canceled. At the most it would take 1-3 days to process the reversal. Surmising the facts, it dawned on me that this may not just be an isolated case of Lazada's failed logistics system (non-delivery of item) or inept actions on the part of Customer Service (confusing email and SMS messages).

Why? Because immediately after my item was canceled, the published price has ballooned to P2,999 from P2,635. There is nothing wrong with that, afterall any business for that matter exists to make profit. But primal to any business entity's existence is the fulfillment of their commitments to the customers.

And in this case, they have fulfilled none of their commitments to us. I have read similar review cases in here of items not delivered and prices going up immediately after cancellation. It seemed to me that there may be a pattern of malicious intent on the part of Lazada. Were some orders intended to be canceled by Lazada when their merchants’ or suppliers’ published rates of items go up?

They could get bigger profit share but at the expense of their commitments to their existing customers? If a customer needed the item badly and Lazada canceled it for unjustified reasons, they would be compelled to reorder the item at a much higher price. And yes Lazada advised that you may reorder when your initial order has been canceled by them. There may be an element of deceit in the way Lazada is dealing with its customers.

If there is this should be established and looked into. I enjoined reviewers to escalate your concerns to econsumer.gov. The organization looks into business malpractices and trends and combats them before they become a full-blown fraud. A partnership of 35 consumer protection agencies around the world, the voices of consumers like us can be heard clearly and properly addressed.

I am an Amazon and Ebay patron for the longest time and have never experienced this kind of disparage treatment from Lazada. It was the first opportunity to try Lazada thinking they are on par if not better than these online retail giants.

I was proven wrong. Never again Lazada.

Review about: Lazada Express Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Incompetent agents, Inconsistent information.

Comments

Hi, lime7192. We're sorry to hear about what happened with your previous order.

Upon checking, order was already refunded on our end since Jan 7, 2017. No worries, we have coordinated this with our Refund's team and requested for them to expedite the reversal. However, please be reminded that reversal period will depend on your bank. If its a Credit card, it'll be 5-15 banking days and for Debit cards, it may take 15-45 banking days for them to post it on your account.

We hope we have been of assistance to you. For more concerns, you may also send us message / comments via Lazada's Social Media accounts (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Google+ -- icons may be found at the lower part of Lazada's website, www.lazada.com.ph).

You may also visit our Help Center using this link: http://fal.cn/QsOl. Good day!

San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, Philippines #1268044