Last July 26, 2014 I ordered a Lenovo A850 5.5 from LAZADA.

Upon checkout I was prompted that I had to make at an outright payment for the item (COD was nat available). So I paid the item in full by using my credit card and paid P5,911.00. 10 days later, despite repeated follow-ups with Lazada, the item never came.

To make matters worse, I got a text message from DHL asking me to pay 4,655 in duties and taxes. I was being charged by some company from Hongkong.

I told them they should be coordinating with LAZADA, not me. I don't even know why LAZADA gave my contact details to them.

I signed up for online shopping for convenience. I see an item I like, see the price then buy it.

P4,655 in taxes for an item worth P5,911.00. What a total rip off!

Comments

Lazada pretends your cellphones are sold here but in actuality the items that you buy are served from stores abroad to you. So when you buy the item from Lazada, they expect you to deal with the foreign store supplier (rather than deal with them).

So you are responsible to pay for taxes, duties and warranty (which are not covered locally) with them. If you have a defective unit, you have to deal with the foreign store directly.

i think the DHL-thingy is a SCAM. Anyway, did you get your order?