Lazada Philippines - Lazada refunds take 45 days for rejected order

296 of 1232 Lazada Philippines reviews

We ordered a phone and paid by Debit card. Lazada took payment from the card, but then rejected the order because the address we gave did not match the address held by the bank EXACTLY. (Even a single letter or word is a discrepancy)

We were first told that the amount we paid will automatically reverse back within 5-15 banking days.

But after about 5 emails, it became "the amount will be credited back within 45 banking days for Debit card payments".

The first emails gave no reason for the order not being accepted, other than "we were unable to process your payment" and "No money has been deducted by Lazada from your payment card account".

As our bank balance had reduced by this order value, we knew that their statement was wrong, and began trying to find out what.

The bank confirmed it had been paid out of our account.

Lazada need lessons in customer service and maybe a much better system.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time
Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Them taking my money and cancelling order

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #839838 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazada Philippines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
296 of 1232 Lazada Philippines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 07, 2016 #1251282

Just experienced this, last sunday i ordered a gadget from an intl seller. I used my prepaid visa card, it pushed through, my account was deducted. I thought it was already good to go, only to receive an email from lazada that my payment was unaccepted. Its like wtf why would you deduct it from my account then, why not verify if all infos. are correct prior to accepting and deducting? Its stated there that they did not take any money so its with my bank and to expect reversal/refund 5-15days. i immediately emailed my bank, their response is that reversals will start after 7-i forgot banking days!! Its a prepaid card so i can't purchase until i have the money back its my only fund to buy that gadget. Why does it takes a second to deduct my money but it takes a week to months to return it! 24-48hrs fine but weeks to months? Now im scared.

KZL

Dec 07, 2016 #1251285

I just reread the email reply by the bank to me, i quote "Based on our records, this transaction is still floating. Kindly allow us to explain that floating transaction is still not considered as valid transaction until it is fully-posted on your records. While it is floating on your account, the amount will be deducted from your available limit. Nevertheless, if the transaction was cancelled/unsuccessful and was not confirmed by the merchant within 7 banking days (from the time it was earmarked), the earmarked amount will be returned to your available limit. As of this writing, there are 7 banking days left before it will be returned to your available limit." I hope it really will just take 7 banking days to return my money meaning 9 days including weekends. Its still a long time. Why would they wait that long to reverse/refund, when merchants usually just give 24hrs waiting time to receive payments. Sucks , too much hassles payment by card thats why i prefer COD as much as possible. I guess prepaid visa card refunds are way processed faster than creditcards. Keeping my fingers crossed for my refund to appear end of next week. BTW I used BPI Amore Prepaid Visa Card. Goodluck to us.

Sep 30, 2016 #1220698 Nashua, New Hampshire, United States

Same thing happened to me.
My cousin used my prepaid card in east west to shop for two guitar pedals. As we are checking out and paid for the item. We suddenly got an error page.
After that no transaction was ever recorded. But when i logged in online on my eastwest account. The amount was deducted.
We couldnt save any screenshot because as i said no transaction number was recorded on lazada. Only a deduction on my account. Its been 3 weeks already hoping they would refund those 2980 missing on my account.

LazadaPH

May 07, 2016 #1155266

We're sorry to hear about what happened. However, we just want you to know that all of our CS agents know that once a transaction gets invalid due to discrepancies on bank details (almost all online shop does this for security reasons), it will be cancelled and reversal time may depend if the card you used is credit or debit card. As you said, for CC its 5-15 banking days and for DC (most commonly used is BDOMIGS) as per bank's policy it may take up to 45 days. Indeed for this kind of transactions, no amount of money went to Lazada's account. This is a policy imposed by the bank and not by us or the merchant. It remains in authorization status that's why the amount appears to have been taken out of the card. But again, since it was rejected by CYBS, we did not collect the payment. Good day!

Sep 29, 2016 #1220165 Taguig, Manila, Philippines

I am having exact same problems with two orders. My bank will refund the money but they need speak with lazada to get approval code. Noone answer The lazada number??? You should verify the billing address like all other vendors before deducting the money!!!! Idiots.

Nov 03, 2016 #1235653 General, Cebu, Philippines

were you able to get a refund? I also have the same experience. I used Metrobank debit card.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.