Lazada Philippines - Lazada refunds take 45 days for rejected order

We ordered a phone and paid by Debit card. Lazada took payment from the card, but then rejected the order because the address we gave did not match the address held by the bank EXACTLY. (Even a single letter or word is a discrepancy)

We were first told that the amount we paid will automatically reverse back within 5-15 banking days.

But after about 5 emails, it became "the amount will be credited back within 45 banking days for Debit card payments".

The first emails gave no reason for the order not being accepted, other than "we were unable to process your payment" and "No money has been deducted by Lazada from your payment card account".

As our bank balance had reduced by this order value, we knew that their statement was wrong, and began trying to find out what.

The bank confirmed it had been paid out of our account.

Lazada need lessons in customer service and maybe a much better system.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Them taking my money and cancelling order

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #839838

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazada Philippines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 30 #1220698 Nashua, New Hampshire

Same thing happened to me.
My cousin used my prepaid card in east west to shop for two guitar pedals. As we are checking out and paid for the item. We suddenly got an error page.
After that no transaction was ever recorded. But when i logged in online on my eastwest account. The amount was deducted.
We couldnt save any screenshot because as i said no transaction number was recorded on lazada. Only a deduction on my account. Its been 3 weeks already hoping they would refund those 2980 missing on my account.

May 07 #1155266

We're sorry to hear about what happened. However, we just want you to know that all of our CS agents know that once a transaction gets invalid due to discrepancies on bank details (almost all online shop does this for security reasons), it will be cancelled and reversal time may depend if the card you used is credit or debit card. As you said, for CC its 5-15 banking days and for DC (most commonly used is BDOMIGS) as per bank's policy it may take up to 45 days. Indeed for this kind of transactions, no amount of money went to Lazada's account. This is a policy imposed by the bank and not by us or the merchant. It remains in authorization status that's why the amount appears to have been taken out of the card. But again, since it was rejected by CYBS, we did not collect the payment. Good day!

Sep 29 #1220165 Taguig, Manila

I am having exact same problems with two orders. My bank will refund the money but they need speak with lazada to get approval code. Noone answer The lazada number??? You should verify the billing address like all other vendors before deducting the money!!!! Idiots.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.