I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks after which it would not turn on, only a red light would blink. I have used the phone normally, no drop, no rain or anything like that - so being a Chinese phone I would simply this is a factory default and it so should be repaired or replaced, however for the same reason I did not dare getting it repaired/replaced if this where to happen again, so I claimed for a refund and did it within the 30 days maximum Lazada requires.
The phone got send back via 2GO using the returnform Lazada provides. And so the fun of dealing with Lazada customercare begins:
27th of August 2014:
A mail to Lazada saying the phone is being returned was send
29th of August 2014:
2GO confirms via trackingnumber V0935344B the item was delivered.
17th of September 2014:
I send a mail to Lazada requesting a status on the returned item, as I had not heard anything.
I get an email back saying the my item: Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player (Black) - Import has been declined for refund as it was in good condition and thus will be returned to me.
I reply via email asking the customer care if they do realize that I send a MI3 mobile phone back, and not a Google Chromecast. To be fair I did order such item earlier - However this tells me they didn't even open up the package and just immediately decline refunds.
I get an email back the same day apologizing for the misinformation and that my MI3 phone is declined for refund as it is considered a "GOOD UNIT"
18th of September 2014:
I reply and complain as I know it does not work and ask for a detailed instruction on how they came to such conclusion.
I get a reply saying that their in-house technicians and quality check department thoroughly examines the unit and concludes it's in "Good Condition"
22nd of September 2014:
I pick the MI3 mobile phone up from being returned and get the excact same phone back, it still dosn't work and I complain to the Lazada customer care. I take a video of the product not working.
I get a reply, saying that the matter has been escalated and that it will be processed for a refund, asking me to return it once again to Lazada.
23rd of September 2014:
As per tracking number W0212364B the item has been signed for and retuend once again to Lazada via 2GO.
1st of October 2014:
Once again a email Lazada customer care to get at status of my second return as I had no reply what so ever.
3rd of October 2014:
Again I email the customer care as I am still lacking an update.
10th of October 2014:
I again reach out to Lazada customer care as I still haven't got any reply on my status.
20th of October 2014:
Once again I complain that I hadn't got any reply.
Finally I got a reply the same day. This time telling me that the refund was refused duo to invalid reasons as the item is reported in good condition and it will therefore be returned to me.
What I don't understand is why my phone does not work and Lazada keeps telling me it does. Either do I understand why they keep on prolonging this case.
I have made all files available via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6hDNxqmW1iMdVNpbWJTaEVsZDg&usp=sharing
Especially the video showing that it does not turn on and the Lazada technical report seem incoherent.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Customer care
- Prolonged return
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xiaomi Mi3
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a Michael Kors watch and paid for it via my bank card. Item was supposed delivered 2 days ago according to their email but it never arrived. After multiple calls/emails..."
- "lazada philippines .. pls answer ang tanong ko anong bangko ang sinasabi nyo na floating ang payment at e reverse ang binayad ko sa inyo. im using metro bank master..."
- "Please do not believe in Lazada Philipines return policy programs. They are false advertisement that preys on unaware customers. Feb 2, 2015 I placed an order - 3TB Seagate HARD DRIVE...."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "i recently booked flight to Saskatoon to chennai with the amount of $1647, but due to my PGWP rejected the next day i had to cancel my trip. i had..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "LAZADA, I would like to ask what happened or what's the progress of the said refund that your customer agent told me. She told me via phone call last January..."
- "Okay, I have seen reviews and complaints that state the Foreign Affair or Loveme.com site is a scam... I have been to the AFA seminars and at every one they..."
- "i ordered at kimstore with a 24hr door to door shipment. order was confirmed as of wednesday w/ a tracking# yesterday delivery was just 5-10mins away from our house BUT DID NOT..."